Montreal Congress Roundtable: Motorcycles Talk ITS
November 1 @ 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
SIS103 – Roundtable: “Motorcycles Talk ITS” will take place at Montreal Congress (room 515 ABC) 1 November 2017 from 16:45 to 18:00.
In the coming years, ITS technologies will help different means of transport become safer, more reliable, and more efficient. This is especially true for motorcycles. In this round table discussion, representatives from Europe, the US and Asia will examine some oft he most important initiatives in this field as well as the challenges and opportunities offered by co-operative ITS. Indeed, if motorcycles are to become part of the connected world, the industry will need to develop systems are are specifically designed for this vehicle, with dedicated human-machine interfaces. Cross-vehicle interoperability will also be instrumental in ensuring that cooperative ITS solutions are successfully deployed across the world.
- Veneta Vassileva, Safety Coordinator, Association of European Motorcycle Industry (ACEM), Belgium
- Antonio Perlot, Secretary General, Association des Constructeurs Européens de Motocycles, Belgium
- Hennes fischer, Senior Advisor, Yamaha Motor Europe N.V. Germany
- Arne Purschwitz, Motorcycle Safety responsible for active safety, BMW Motorrad, Germany
- Matthias Mörbe, Engineering Two-wheeler and Power Sport – Europe, Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany
- John Lenkeit, Technical Director, Dynamic Research Inc. US
- Huei-Ru Tseng, Deputy Technical Manager / TC8 WG1 Chair, Industrial Technology Research Institute / Taiwan Association of Information and Communication Standards, Taiwan
- John Harding, Engineer, U.S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, United States
- Claire Depré, Head of Unit, Intelligent Transport systems, DG MOVE, European Commission, Belgium